“Ten steps, you said, and, well, I’d like to know…”
“It is simple, also we are in 2017 remember,” she replied with her irresistible smile, “The hundredth anniversary of the Bolshevik revolution – remember Petrograd? But also 1517, five hundredth anniversary of the Reformation: Wittenberg, brother Martin, the revolt of the peasants, Münster, Q! So, here you are, the ten steps:
- Remember always which year you are in
- Look at the cages, have this picture above your desk, remember them!
- Every year take a trip to Wittenberg, or Münster, or wherever an event of importance took place that has inspired great works…
- Reread “The Ten Days That Shook the World”, “Q” and other classics: food for thoughts.
- Bert from the Well be your model: the calm hero.
- Never rush on mere enthusiasm: there has to be a reason!
- Reread the “Tractatus”, Wittgenstein is good for the soul.
- Respect her, I mean, me!
- Gym, three times a week!
There you are, I told you: simple!”
Photo: the church of Saint Lamberti in Münster, with the original cages where the tortured corpses of the Täufer were exhibited (1536)