For Elsa de B.
The square is crowded with tourists and workers on their lunch break: this is the very centre of the city.
Since I am waiting I take pictures, the ridiculous blue cockerel on its pedestal, the pair of Dutch students who want to interview me, the Chinese visitors on the steps of the National Gallery.
The city always amazes me, its dreadful traffic, its half-concealed violence, but also its awkward charm, its tramps, its grizzly beauty…
Yet I am waiting, a little anxious, unsure even if I could conceal it when I see you.
And then you are here, your beloved face a revelation, your smile an enchantment, and in your eyes the promise of eternity… and time stops.
- Five Sentence Fiction – “Enrapture” – PG13 Drama 10/10/2013 (kindredspirit23.wordpress.com)
- Five Sentence Fiction – Enrapture (highfiveandraspberries.wordpress.com)
- 5 Sentence Fiction: Enrapture (caitlynmcconnell.wordpress.com)
- Five Sentence Fiction – ENRAPTURE (kat2166.wordpress.com)
- Five Sentence Fiction: Enrapture (gotmeghan.wordpress.com)
- Enraptured (dothedead.wordpress.com)
- Enraptured ~ A Story (athingforwordsjahesch.wordpress.com)