Gracious and talented Katherine Hopkins, who hails from the KD Defehr poetry and photography blog (btw is the actual photography blog at http://kristydefehr.wordpress.com/?), has nominated this sinner for the Tell Me About Yourself Award, which made me blush no end through my January suntan… Thank you Katherine: you are an angel and a very promising young woman, who wrote: “However, I’ve found that one other thing, beside my mind’s indecency, is for absolute certain. With a pen in my hand (or my fingers on a keyboard) I am at peace. When I’m in that zone and I’m writing, the places that I feel with my heart and think with my mind suddenly join and they become one. Suddenly, I’m free and I’m safe and I’m so filled with excitement by the possibilities of what I could create with this new found sense of power and enlightenment. The words surge through me and they become stories, images and messages. They become my voice and they fill my body until, all at once, I’m not just another sad and confused teenager. I’m an artist, and I can do anything with my talent if I allow it to guide me. I can be anyone and do anything through the words that I write and the characters that I create… because they’re mine.” How beautiful is that? Btw don’t miss Katherine’s funny pics: well worth a visit!
I wish to thank also Green Cheata (at http://greencheata.wordpress.com/) without whom none of this would have happened! Do visit the blogs of those talented people readers! Green Cheata picks up a poetry pen on Tuesdays and Thursdays: please note…
I admit not to have done my research on this award, so I am following Katherine blindly! Now, as you probably know if you have paid more than one or two visits to these pages, I am horribly shy talking about myself, and end up talking about my work! So here we go again ;-P
- Confession: I am desperately in love with two women: one is my (real) wife, Gorgeous, and the other, well, is the main character of my novel in making, Melissa of the Page fame… As a matter of fact both are present in these pages, somewhere!
- My third love is the mountains, and particularly the Dolomiti Alps, in Northern Italy.
- I write almost every day, but this writing is dispersed – small bits, big chunks of the main work, all depends on inspiration… and those characters.
- Julian, my significant male character is – I swear – not me! Paul (of Arrakis fame) might be, in some weird way.
- I train, or run, three times a week, and try to run 5k once a week, with 10k thrown in in Summer. I admire Haruki who runs a marathon before b’fast!
- In various posts of this blog I have written about reading – I even have a page on the subject, thinking about it! – at the moment I am reading Justin Cronin’s “The Passage“, which I find fascinating. In parallel I am reading Ray Monk’s biography of J. Robert Oppenheimer “Inside The Centre” (more about both in future posts…)
- Rest of the time I fiddle with my loyal Nikon (see http://thiscornerofthewoods.wordpress.com/)
Nominations: new friends, old friends, a mix…
- Benjamin at http://benjaminprewitt.com/, a beautiful art and poetry blog
- Rumpy Dog at http://rumpydog.com/
- The Clown on Fire at http://clownonfire.wordpress.com/
- Girl on the Contrary: unforgettable! http://girlonthecontrary.com/
- Steven Watkins at http://stevenwwatkins.com/
- Layla at http://lalammar.net/
- Lesaf & twig at http://leafandtwig.wordpress.com/
- Tell me About Yourself Award (defehrpoetry.wordpress.com)
- Beautiful Blogger Award (defehrpoetry.wordpress.com)
- Poem: Awarded (grannyslittleprojects.wordpress.com)