The gracious folks at Cecile’s Writers, Vanessa, Sofia, Cecile and Samir, have nominated your servant for One Lovely Blog Award! A big thank you to those talented writers and bloggers, but words fail me to reply with dignity to Samir’s shout-out: “just a shout out to express how awesome your blog is”! I don’t know about that, he sez blushing, but I do know your blog is fresh as a morning spring, and an invite for more talented people to join in.
Knowing the routine, I will submit myself to this enjoyable task, with some writer’s license.
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog. I wish to thank all four of you for this opportunity, and invite my followers to visit your blog and contribute!
2. List seven random things about yourself. I will be cheeky, and rather than talk about myself, most uninteresting subject, I will say a few words about some of my (fictional?) characters, and real heros!
3. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
Seven random things:
- Julian is a kind of alter-ego, a geek on the other side of – erm… – thirty, in love with his beautiful wife, and visited by ghosts from his past: there is a twist in his life, the point of discontinuity where virtual merges with “real”…
- Helena is the object of desire for the mysterious and cruel Mistress G: her story is spun elsewhere but her steps can be found in these pages…
- Rosa Luxemburg: she does not need introduction, suffice to say that she is to my mind one of the greatest women of modern times, intelligent, beautiful, with a courage that put to shame our age of cowardice…
- Paul is the owner of a boat named Arrakis, a story of love and high seas that is progressing in deep waters, somewhere in the Pacific.
- Yukio Mishima is an enigma, a talented writer who excoriated modernism, loathed the fashions of the age, and ultimately died for his principles.
- Susan may be my most controversial creation, a mother with a dark secret, and yet of such charm that one wonders… Susan is not in fact my character, but Julian’s, a way perhaps to distance myself from a tale of passion and forbidden fruits?
- The Dolomites: well they are everywhere in my writing and on my photo blog…
- Miss Juliesse at http://musepalace.wordpress.com/
- Serge Gainsbourg (for ever) at http://www.gainsbourgforever.com/
- Kalliope Amorphous at http://www.kalliopeamorphous.com/
- Maeve at http://maevemcmurray.com/
- Linda at http://garridon.wordpress.com/
- Damian at http://thegraypen.wordpress.com/
- Nela at http://nelabligh.com/
- Ferns at http://www.domme-chronicles.com/
- Helena at http://helenamallett.wordpress.com/
- Steven at http://stevensawyer.wordpress.com/
- Susan at http://susandanielseden.wordpress.com/
- Joanne at http://joannegphillips.wordpress.com/
- August at http://augustmclaughlin.wordpress.com/
- Tawn at http://totallytawn.wordpress.com/
- Kern at http://www.oddparticle.com/
NB – I am aware that some of you gorgeous people have already been nominated, sometimes more than once! If so I won’t do it again 🙂